Tuesday, January 19, 2016

Half Marathon Training Week 2

Preface:  I'm doing a horrible job of following Hanson's so far. I am no where near the mileage but I'm working on it! One week I will completely follow the plan, this was not that week.  I have some legitimate excuses (sick baby and flu shot for me) but I know every week will probably have some obstacles.  My goal for this next week is to get to 30 miles.  Winter is harder with shorter days and most of the time I don't have the ability to use the jogging stroller now like I did in the fall. Nonetheless, this is how training is going to look for a spring half marathon, so I must adjust!

Saturday- 4.25 miles with pickups (8:14 pace) on the treadmill at the rec center. 

Sunday- Barre class. 

Monday- Easy 5.25 miles treadmill with hills thrown in (8:22 pace) 

Tuesday- Speed workout: 1 mile warmup 
                                          8 x 400's (on Hanson's plan, it just was supposed to be 12!) 1:40 average 
                                          1 min active walk/jog in between intervals 
                                          . 5 cooldown 
                                          4. 5 miles total 

Wednesday- 4 miles easy, Barre class 

Thursday- off day (flu shot on Wed) 

Friday- off day (flu shot on Wed) - Side note: I never get flu shots and this is why, it made me exhausted and "off" for 3 whole days. 

Total Mileage:  18 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment